The Benefits of Planned Giving
- You can make a gift that costs you nothing during your lifetime.
- You can make a gift that leaves your cash flow and current financial planning unchanged.
- You don’t have to use cash to make your gift; you can “buy low and give high” by making your gift with appreciated securities instead.
- Planned gifts can help build Luther Park’s permanent Endowment Fund and give to camp twice … today and forever!
Gifts of Stock and Appreciated Assets:
How It Works
- You transfer appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares you have owned for more than one year to Luther Park Bible Camp.
- Luther Park Bible Camp sells your securities and uses the proceeds for its programs.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, no matter what you originally paid for them.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer when the stock is sold.
- Giving appreciated stock could be more beneficial than giving cash.
Gifts from your Will or Trust
How It Works
- Include a bequest to Luther Park Bible Camp in your will or trust.
- Make your bequest unrestricted or direct it to a specific purpose.
- Indicate a specific amount, or a percentage of the balance remaining in your estate or trust.
- Your assets remain in your control during your lifetime.
- You can modify your gift to address changing circumstances.
- You can direct your gift to a particular purpose (be sure to check with us to make sure your gift can be used as intended).
- Under current tax law, there is no upper limit on the estate tax deduction for your charitable bequests.
Gifts From your Retirement Plan
b>How It Works
- Name Luther Park Bible Camp as a beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k), or other qualified plan.
- Designate us to receive all or a portion of the balance of your plan through your plan administrator.
- The balance in your plan passes to Luther Park Bible Camp after your death.
- Avoid the potential double taxation your retirement savings would face if you designated them to your heirs.
- Continue to take regular lifetime withdrawals.
- Maintain flexibility to change beneficiaries if your family’s needs change during your lifetime.
Gifts of Life Insurance
How It Works
- You designate Luther Park Bible Camp as the beneficiary of an existing life insurance policy OR transfer ownership of a paid-up life insurance policy to Luther Park Bible Camp.
- Luther Park Bible Camp receives the value of the policy when you are called to heaven.
- Make a gift using an asset you and your family no longer need.
- Receive an income tax deduction for the value of your investment.
For more information Contact:
Annual Funds & Capital Campaign Development Director
Luther Park Bible Camp
944 24 1/4 St Chetek, WI 54728