Tentative date for 2022: April 30
Summary from the 2021 Volunteer Day:
Dear Awesome Volunteers,
I cannot put into words how amazing it is to look back at yesterday and realize how big an impact Just One Day can make. When Keith, Dave, Donny, Paula and I wrapped up the day yesterday, I can tell you there were some big smiles on the faces of those who know how big of difference the work that you participated in made for the park. They are by no means ready for camp this summer, but it looks achievable from where they stand right now. If you are receiving this message I know you are interested in the results. This is summary of the day.
- Total Volunteers: 96 checked in (likely a few that were missed I think we beat 100, but can’t say for sure)
- Participants from 15 Congregations
- Total Volunteer Hours: 600 (or more).
- Total number of Projects: 23
- Total amount of Thrivent Action Team funded projects: 6 projects funded for a total of $1,500. (If you are a Thrivent Member, this is a great way to support the camp)
At this point I want to extend a heart felt thank you to every single one of the volunteers. You may have only participated in one project, and the impact may not seem to be that large from what you saw yesterday from where you were working. Just remember all of those people at the opening meeting participated in one or more projects throughout the day. Collectively, all of you achieved results that are amazing. Please trust that your sore muscles and fatigue were all very worth it for LPBC. I want to say how amazing it was to see everyone still smiling when it started drizzling, when it continued drizzling, and even when it was still drizzling after lunch. It is so impressive when a group of people on a worthy mission stay focused on the goal, not they weather. Thank you. Thank you! THANK YOU! If you want to see the details, keep reading. If you only like the summary, then I will just add one more detail. Next year, Just One Day will be held for the 8th Annual event next year at the end of April.
List of Projects Accomplished:
- Wood Cut for Splitting (This Was Cut on Friday and it was A LOT of wood)
- Split Said Wood for many Camp Campfires
- Haul and Stack the Wood that was Split
- Cutting and stacking brush, branches, and tops (Clearing the High Ropes, Low Ropes and Disc Golf Course) SO MUCH WOOD!
- Staining Swings for Swing Circle
- Building The Swing Circle on the Hill
- Painting 8 Bedroom Ceilings in Shalom
- Cleaning out the Flower Gardens
- Picking Up Branches on the Camp Grounds
- Raking Around the Camp Property
- Repairing the Tent Platforms to Make them Safe
- Deep Cleaned 8 Cabins (sanitized mattresses, washing windows, cleaning bathrooms, mopping floors, etc.)
- Running the Cyclone Rake (Reducing raking requirements vacuuming up the leaves and needles)
- Replaced 2 Exterior Doors in the Arts & Krafts Building
- Replacing Interior Door in the TNT Shower Building
- Replacing lights, Installing LED Fixtures, and Repairing Bad Ballasts in the Welcome Center
- Multiple Electrical Projects at the Farm House
- Installed Siding on the Farm House
- Installed New Fence Posts for the Garden at the Farm
- Lowered the Gaga Pit to Official Height
- Completed a Mailing Preparation of over 1,000 Pieces
- Support the Kitchen Staff with Breakfast and Lunch
- Cove Base Installed in Shalom
With more than 600 hours volunteered at Luther Park it will help in so many ways. This day will not only help the camp be ready to open again for camp in the Summer of 2021, but it will help the summer camp be safer. That will allow the ministry to happen, memories to be collected, and a relationship to be fostered with our Savior Jesus Christ.
If any of you have any good pictures that you took of this event, I would really appreciate if you could send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each of you had a different view of the day, and those perspectives are what I am really looking forward to seeing.
I think that is enough for how. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me. Hope to see you next year!
LPBC Just One Day