Work Day 2020 has been postponed. We hope to schedule possible work days with small groups and/or families in the event we are unable to hold a large work day. Please inquire about available volunteer opportunities by calling the camp office.
View More Details and FAQ Here:
Summary from the 2019 Volunteer Day:
What a day! What a day! I know prayer works, but I was so happy it worked this week. I don’t think we would be feeling as great about the day if there would have been snow as was predicted. The collection of volunteers from the many churches was a successful effort. The enthusiasm, talent, and work ethic was so visible this year. Over the years “The Spring Service Day” has accomplished a lot, but we now have a standard to strive for and to exceed.
All in, we had 60 volunteers + or – one or two. This includes those who signed in and those that didn’t like the youth who definitely worked very hard from what I could see. So, with some people who had to leave early we didn’t have a full 8 hours out of everyone. With the 60 people I think it is safe to say we can count a total of 420 hours of Volunteer service for Luther Park on Saturday alone. Paula, Alden and I had more on Friday, and with organization time for the day I can report 475+ hours for this event.
A list of projects includes:
- Playground Assembly – 90% Complete (Concrete and Mulch needed)
- Spider Web Assembly – 90% Complete (Mulch and Web Install needed)
- Pole Electric Wiring x 2
- Chapel Cleaning and Prep
- Pool House Wiring
- Plumbing – Numerous Awesome Projects
- Lean-To on the Garage – 90% (Still Needs Roof)
- Deep Clean 4 Girls Cabins – This team went for a deep, deep clean result
- Beach/Amphitheater Clean-up
- Canoes/Kayaks/Paddleboard Moved out
- Deck Railing Removal
- Event Fence stretched out – Poles to follow later
- Wood Splitting – A lot of it!
- Dining Hall Window Washing
- Brush Cutting Along Fence/Brush Hauling
- Trail clean up – Youth cleared all the branches from the trails
- Folded newsletters
- Partial pool deck power washing on Friday
- Limb cutting around the camp
- And a WHOLE LOT OF RAKING – and hauling of needles and leaves – and there is still more to do …
The volunteers were so awesome, and I am so excited to have shown what this one day can do for the camp to more churches. I can’t find words to who my gratitude for how hard everyone worked, the great attitude and spirit of the day, and the quality of work that was completed. I can’t wait till next year! SAVE THE DATE: April 25th, 2020
Volunteer Day Coordinator